It’s no secret I have been Team WordPress going on a decade.
The tasks a good web developer can accomplish with WordPress are amazing. From editing a landing page to managing a membership site, WordPress covers all the items on a website owner’s wish list.
There’s a lot to be thankful for online and offline. I want to share 10 things about WordPress that I am thankful for:
- The platform is free. There are no recurring costs or subscriptions to keep up with. This makes WordPress a popular option for non-profit organizations who depend on volunteers and donations.
- You can teach your staff to use it and limit their access. With WordPress, the back-end dashboard is pretty easy to learn. An administrator can set specific levels of access for each user. No need to share passwords and less risk of publishing something on your website that is not yet ready.
- WordPress is not specific to any single operating system. All you need to update your website is a strong Internet connection. You don’t need a special software or workaround.
- You can update your website from your tablet or smart phone. Speaking of operating systems, you can update your WordPress site with the WordPress app available for both iOS and Android.
- It has a built-in blog template. WordPress is great for blogging and sharing news about your products and services. Using the built-in blog feature of the WordPress platform will save you money when it is time to hire a developer.
- You can find good help to accomplish the big tasks. Because WordPress is a popular platform, there are many options for finding good web developers and designers to make the website you need. Mozak Design is available, of course!
- There’s a lot of flexibility in design options. Using the framework within the platform and some higher-level coding, we can change your website’s appearance to attract more clients to your site. Take a look at some of these different WordPress website designs here.
- Plugins and themes are readily available. Your web developer can point you in the right direction to find the best themes and plugins to accomplish your website goals. There is no cause to reinvent the wheel and a lot of value in building on the things that are proven to work.
- You’re in good company when you use WordPress. Fortune 500 companies all the way down to the brand new blogger use WordPress to create their sites. There’s a reason it is so popular to have your site on WordPress; there is a lot of support!
- Your website can scale with your business without loss of content. If you change your domain name or add a subdomain, you can move content from one site to another without missing a beat.
WordPress is an amazing resource and a great option for creating your business website. In Portland, we’ve build hundreds of websites over the years and we can’t imagine using anything else.
What features of WordPress are you most thankful for? Let me know in the comments.